Gingerbread Christmas Tree Decorations

This year, I thought I'd have a go at making some gingerbread Christmas tree decorations. I used this great recipe (I had to add extra flour though as the dough was too sticky at first) and had enough left over to give to some away too.


I just heard that my wee niece was helping my sister put them on their tree yesterday. How cute is that! The best thing is that they make the whole room smell like gingerbread.


And after finishing our last little bit of Christmas shopping last night, Tim and I (finally) got our tree up. I'd bought some pastel multicoloured lights for it the other day along with some tiny baubles in different colours to make it a little bit more cutesy-looking this year. The long teal coloured baubles were a lovely present from one of Tim's sisters.


Here's a gingerbread heart nestling in the tree. It's hard to tell from the photos, but the tree is black, of course.


Finally, after completing all our Christmas shopping last night, I bought myself a Christmassy treat in the form of a gingerbread muffin from Costa which I only got round to eating this afternoon. I felt a bit cruel eating the cute little gingerbread man on top, but I coped.

2 comments:

  1. Looks nice! The gingerbread smell is wonderful. Great to have that smell in the house during christmas. :)
    And I must say; a black christmas tree is awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Draupne! Hope you had a good Christmas! x

    ReplyDelete