Making A Heart-Shaped Cupcake Box

Once I'd finished making the cupcakes for Valentines Day that I showed you, I realised I kinda sorta didn't have anything to put them in other than a baking tin or something... which ruins the suprise a bit, don't you think. Anyway, I measured the size of box I'd need to fit three cupcakes to in comfortabley and set about making a template for one.


This is what the box looked like when it was finally glued together


A couple of bits kept coming unstuck but I had an idea how to fix that with some fancy, lacy crap. Yay!


And the insides are red, of course


Gluing on some lace trimming


Looks like the cupcakes fit! Afterwards, I ripped up some bits of parchment paper and stuffed it in all the little spaces around the cakes to keep them safe during transport.


A tiny-winy valentines card in an little red plastic bag...


Which sticks right inside the lid of the box. Neat


And here's the final finished product all tied up securely with a gold bow, ready to be stuffed in a Forbidden Planet bag and dragged around town for a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment